International Residency Exchange Program
In 2010, the NSW Minister for the Arts announced a new international residency exchange program to support NSW artists.
This program provides travel and accommodation costs for NSW artists travelling overseas. Initiatives supported through this program include:
The British Council
The British Council provides an opportunity for an emerging performing arts producer from NSW to undertake a paid three to six month professional placement at leading UK company, English Touring Theatre (ETT). ETT is the UK’s first producer-led touring company. The company works with the country’s leading directors and practitioners to produce artistically ambitious theatre that is vigorous, popular and challenging as well as confident and forward-looking.
For more information, visit the British Council’s website: http://www.britishcouncil.org/au.htm
National Art School
The National Arts School provides an emerging artists-in-residency exchange program for recent graduates, in association with the Central Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA), and the Fine Arts School of Qinghua University, both in Beijing, China.
For more information, visit the National Art School website: http://www.nas.edu.au
Sydney College of the Arts
Sydney College of the Arts (the Visual Arts Faculty of the University of Sydney) has developed an exchange scheme with a number of UK universities including:
- University of Ulster (School of Art & Design)
- Edinburgh School of Art
- Birmingham City University (Birmingham Institute of Art & Design)
- Manchester Metropolitan University (Faculty of Art & Design)
- Chelsea College of Art & Design.
For more information, visit Sydney College of the Arts website: http://www.usyd.edu.au/sca
Sydney Conservatorium of Music Emerging Artists Performance Exchange Program
Sydney Conservatorium of Music, in partnership with Arts NSW, is launching an exciting new initiative called the Emerging Artists Performance Exchange Program. This program provides two students with the opportunity for:
- Increased professional performance opportunities and networking opportunities
- Direct exposure to teachers and students in a top European music school
- Immersion into European culture.
The scholarship covers:
- 1 return airfare up to $2250 AUD
- Accommodation for 2 weeks up to $2250 AUD
- Stipend for 2 weeks up to $1500 AUD
For more information, visit the Sydney Conservatorium of Music website: http://www.music.usyd.edu.au/CS/courseinfo/index.shtml