Create NSW Names 2018 Western Sydney Arts. Screen and Culture Roundtable Members
Create NSW has announced the 10 practitioners chosen to lead the 2018 Western Sydney Arts, Screen and Culture Roundtable following the expression of interest (EOI) process launched in February this year.
Create NSW Acting Executive Director Tarek Barakat said the line-up combines remarkable experience, a strong mix of arts and screen practice and inclusion across a diverse range of expertise and backgrounds from the Western Sydney region.
“We were extremely impressed by the calibre of applications for the roundtable and excited to announce the members who will join us for 2018 to ensure that the needs of the region are reflected in future arts policies and direction from the agency.
The 10 new members appointed to the Roundtable are:
- Kodie Bedford – Screenwriter and cultural consultant for the screen sector
- Jenny Bisset – Director, Blacktown Arts, and Manager, Arts and Cultural Development, Blacktown City Council
- Paul Brinkman – Director of the Blue Mountain Cultural Centre, Theatre and Community Hub
- Michael Campbell – Executive Director, Westwords
- Rosie Dennis – CEO/Artistic Director Urban Theatre Projects
- Guido Gonzalez – Cultural leader and filmmaker
- John Hunter – Lecturer at Macquarie University for the Fellowship for Indigenous Research
- Richard Petkovic – Artistic Director, Cultural Arts Collective and Sydney Sacred Music Festival
- Karen Therese Corbett – Artistic Director, Powerhouse Youth Theatre
- Sarah-Vyne Vassallo – Artistic Director, Murmuration Arts and Entertainment
“One of the first things the roundtable will discuss will be the outcomes of our recent Arts 2025 Summit as we seek to identify strategic opportunities for Western Sydney artists, arts organisations, audiences and businesses for the policy framework. We look forward to hearing from our esteemed panel during the rest of the year,” said Mr Barakat.
Members will convene with Create NSW three times from June – December 2018 and are appointed until 31 December 2018.