NSW musicians supported to showcase and network up a storm at BIGSOUND
A collection of 18 musicians, bands and their managers from across the State are heading to Brisbane’s BIGSOUND Festival and Conference to showcase their music and expand their networks, thanks to funding from the NSW Government.
Now in its seventeenth year, BIGSOUND is the Australia’s leading contemporary music industry event, attracting national and international professionals to discover the future of Australian music. This year the event will be held across 4 – 7 September at Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley, and is a significant event for NSW artists and managers to develop industry connections and create new opportunities through conference sessions, workshops, guest speakers and live performances.
The 2018 Opportunity Development Grants program is a Create NSW funding initiative administered by not-for-profit service organisation MusicNSW with the aim of supporting musicians and artist managers in developing opportunities whilst attending Australian industry conferences, domestic tours, trade fairs and other career defining opportunities.
Supported recipients attending BIGSOUND through the funding are:
- Arse (Sydney Metro)
- BlackSide Management (Sydney Metro)
- Caitlin McGregor (Sydney Metro)
- Charlie Collins (Sydney Metro)
- Claudine Michael (Sydney Metro)
- Future Classic (Sydney Metro)
- Grace Pitts (Sydney Metro)
- Honeymoon Artists (Sydney Metro)
- Nardine Gharsa (Western Sydney)
- Olympia Henshaw (Sydney Metro)
- Pirra (Sydney Metro)
- Raave Tapes (Regional NSW)
- Rachel Maria Cox (Regional NSW)
- Rhyan Clapham (Sydney Metro)
- Rich Amevor (Western Sydney)
- Sunscreen (Sydney Metro)
- Tiny Monster (Sydney Metro)
- TOTTY (Regional NSW)
In the 2018 Opportunity Development Grants round, a total of $50,050 was shared across regional NSW, Western Sydney and metropolitan areas.
BigSound Festival and Conference: https://www.bigsound.org.au/