More music, theatre and visual arts to tour regional NSW
Communities across regional NSW will enjoy an even wider range of enriching and entertaining experiences, thanks to $540,000 in funding through the NSW Government’s Regionals Arts Touring program. These world-class, popular shows will entertain and engage audiences of around 40,000 people throughout NSW.
The Regional Arts Touring program supports artists and enhances access to arts and culture for regional audiences while generating a boost to local economies through increased employment and entertainment opportunities.
Saltwater Freshwater Arts (SWFW) Alliance General Manager Rick Gonsalves said the funding will mean the SWFW Arts 2023 exhibition can once again tour throughout the Mid North Coast in addition to Sydney.
“This funding enables SWFW Arts 2023 to reach a broader audience, making it an invaluable platform for Aboriginal artists from the Mid North Coast Region,” Mr Gonsalves said.
With support from the Regional Arts Touring program, seven productions and exhibitions will tour regional NSW:
- Music in the Regions classical music tour
- Saltwater Freshwater Arts Alliance Aboriginal Corporation 2023 exhibition
- The Australian Haydn Ensemble annual regional touring program
- Omega Ensemble 2023 NSW Regional Tour
- Arts on Tour NSW Ltd 2023 Prima Facie Regional Tour
- Soft Tread Enterprises tour of The Wharf Review: Looking for Albanese
- Ms Diane Smith tour of Wild Thing, a new Australian play by Suzanne Hawley.
Applications for the Regional Arts Touring Round 2 funding open Friday 3 February and close 5pm AEST Monday 6 March 2023.
Image: Saltwater Freshwater 2021 Exhibition, Port Macquarie Glasshouse Gallery Photo: Supplied