NSW Artist with Disability Fellowship
The NSW Artist with Disability Fellowship is offered by the State Government to enable a professional NSW artist with disability to undertake a self-directed program of professional development.
The Fellowship is open to artists working in any artform including dance, music, theatre, visual arts, writing, hybrid/interdisciplinary arts and screen content.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the Arts and Cultural Development Program Guidelines (ACDP) for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
Applications open: 12 June 2017
Applications close: 21 August 2017 (Midnight, AEST – Sydney time)
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply you must:
- identify as a mid-career/established professional artist with disability
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident, and
- be a NSW resident (which is defined as residing in NSW for at least 12 months prior to making your application).
- The Fellowship recipient will be awarded $50,000. Please do not request more or less than this amount in your application.
Types of activities funded:
Activities could include:
- travel (international and/or national)
- mentorships or internships with recognised practitioners or organisations
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training (Note: The Fellowship is not available to support study which will result in formal tertiary qualification such as a degree)
- research and development
- creation of new work (note: provided it is integral to your professional development)
- access requirements associated with undertaking professional elements of the Fellowship, for example, a personal assistant, Auslan interpreters or audio description
- any combination of the above.
Applicants are required to read the Arts and Cultural Development Program Guidelines before applying.
To apply for funding through this Fellowship program you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Create NSW online application system available from 12 June.
Information can be provided in alternative formats upon request and if you require assistance with an application, please contact:
Barbara Vickery, Sector Investment via phone (02) 8289 6436 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a National Relay Service call to Create NSW:
- TTY users phone 133677 then ask for (02) 8289 6436
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8289 6436.