Arts and Cultural Funding Program 2022/23
Applications for Organisation funding (including LGAs, project and annual program funding) are now open.
If you are an applicant with disability or who is d/Deaf, and you require this information in a format which is accessible to you, or if you require this information in another language, you can contact us on (02) 8289 6520 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
The National Relay service numbers are:
TTY users: Phone 133 677 then ask for (02) 8289 6520
Speak and Listen users: Phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8289 6520
Internet Relay users: Connect to NES then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Annual Program Funding Overview
Annual Program funding is provided on an annual basis to support arts and cultural organisations (including Local Government Authorities and service organisations) to deliver multiple arts and cultural activities.
It aims to:
- increase access by and engagement of diverse audiences and artists
- improve the quality and excellence of arts and culture in NSW
- ensure the best practice and sustainability of arts and cultural organisations.
Project Funding Overview
Project funding supports innovation, vibrancy and creativity within the NSW arts and cultural sector.
It aims to:
- deliver a dynamic and diverse range of arts and cultural experiences to communities across NSW
- contribute to the development of a vibrant and accessible arts and cultural sector
- support the employment and development of professional NSW-based artists and arts and cultural workers.
What can I apply for?
Funding is available for a wide range of arts and cultural activities, including (but not limited to):
- creation of new arts and cultural work, practice-based research, or experimentation, and professional development production, exhibition, presenting, publishing, or recording, touring and festivals
- museum collection activities and promotion
- promotion and marketing
- audience growth and development conservation and/or development of collections and archives (including Aboriginal Keeping Places)
- business development activities including new responses to environmental changes
- partnerships, capacity building and sustainability.
Funding is not available under this program for filmmaking and screen production, mainstream animation and film festivals (see screen.nsw.gov.au for funding opportunities in this area).
When can I apply for funding?
There are two opportunities to apply for funding during the 2022/23 financial year:
Opens 20 July 2022 and closes 29 August 2022 at 5pm.
Opens 5 December 2022 and closes 13 February 2023 at 5pm.
How much can I apply for?
You can apply for up to $200,000 under the Annual Funding category. Applications to apply above the $200,000 cap for annual programs can be considered, but this must be pre-approved by Create NSW.
You can apply for up to $60,000 under Project Funding.
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system SmartyGrants.
What support is available to me?
We have a range of resources to assist you with your funding application. After reviewing these, you may contact a staff member if you need advice regarding these guidelines between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Telephone: (02) 8289 6520
- Email: email@example.com
- Schedule an online meeting to speak to Create staff through picktime.
- Or you may contact staff directly.