Arts and Cultural Funding Program 2021/22
Applications for Individual Project funding are closed.
If you are an applicant with disability or who is d/Deaf, and you require this information in a format which is accessible to you, or if you require this information in another language, you can contact us on (02) 8289 6520 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
The National Relay service numbers are:
TTY users: Phone 133 677 then ask for (02) 8289 6520
Speak and Listen users: Phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8289 6520
Internet Relay users: Connect to NES then ask for (02) 8289 6520
Project funding supports innovation, vibrancy and creativity within the NSW arts and cultural sector.
It aims to deliver a dynamic and diverse range of arts and cultural experiences to communities across NSW, contribute to the development of a vibrant and accessible arts and cultural sector, and support the employment and development of professional NSW-based artists and arts/cultural workers.
What can I apply for?
Funding is available for a wide range of arts and cultural activity, including:
- the creative development and/or public presentation of work(s), for example, literary works, music, dance or theatre pieces
- commissioning professional artists – for example, a writer, composer, choreographer or visual artist – to develop a work for an event
- partnerships (including those with the non-arts sector) to develop arts and culture in a specific region, Priority Area or artform/discipline
- community collaborations involving professional artists, to develop skills, public performances, exhibitions or participatory events
- research and/or development of creative/cultural projects that develop new skills and/or engage with new ways of working including new approaches to museum practice, including curated shows and engagement strategies
- arts and cultural activities aimed at engaging young people, particularly students attending geographically and/or socio-economically disadvantaged schools
- extending an artist’s practice, audiences or markets, including skills exchanges for workers developing and deepening audience engagement with arts and culture.
Funding is not available under this program for filmmaking and screen production, mainstream animation and film festivals (see screen.nsw.gov.au for funding opportunities in this area).
When can I apply for funding?
There are two opportunities to apply for funding during the 2021/22 financial year:
Opens Thursday 8 July 2021 and closes 5pm, Wednesday 18 August 2021.
Opens Monday 6 December 2021 and closes 5pm, Monday 31 January 2022.
How much can I apply for?
The maximum amount of funding that you can apply for is $60,000.
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system SmartyGrants.
What support is available to me?
We have a range of resources to assist you with your funding application. After reviewing these, you may contact a staff member if you need advice regarding these guidelines between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.