Arts and Cultural Funding Program 2022/23
Applications for Individual Project funding are now closed.
If you are an applicant with disability or who is d/Deaf, and you require this information in a format which is accessible to you, or if you require this information in another language, you can contact us on (02) 8289 6520 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
The National Relay service numbers are:
TTY users: Phone 133 677 then ask for (02) 8289 6520
Speak and Listen users: Phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8289 6520
Internet Relay users: Connect to NES then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Project funding supports innovation, vibrancy and creativity within the NSW arts and cultural sector.
It aims to deliver a dynamic and diverse range of arts and cultural experiences to communities across NSW, contribute to the development of a vibrant and accessible arts and cultural sector, and support the employment and development of professional NSW-based artists and arts/cultural workers.
What can I apply for?
Funding is available for a wide range of arts and cultural activity, including:
- the creative development and/or public presentation of work(s), for example, literary works, music, dance or theatre pieces
- commissioning professional artists – for example, a writer, composer, choreographer or visual artist – to develop a work for an event
- partnerships (including those with the non-arts sector) to develop arts and culture in a specific region, Priority Area or artform/discipline
- community collaborations involving professional artists, to develop skills, public performances, exhibitions or participatory events
- research and/or development of creative/cultural projects that develop new skills and/or engage with new ways of working including new approaches to museum practice, including curated shows and engagement strategies
- arts and cultural activities aimed at engaging young people, particularly students attending geographically and/or socio-economically disadvantaged schools
- extending an artist’s practice, audiences or markets, including skills exchanges for workers developing and deepening audience engagement with arts and culture.
Funding is not available under this program for filmmaking and screen production, mainstream animation and film festivals (see screen.nsw.gov.au for funding opportunities in this area).
When can I apply for funding?
There are two opportunities to apply for funding during the 2022/23 financial year:
Opens 20 July 2022 and closes 29 August 2022 at 5pm.
Opens 6 December 2022 and closes 6 February 2023 at 5pm.
How much can I apply for?
The maximum amount of funding that you can apply for is $60,000.
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system SmartyGrants.
What support is available to me?
We have a range of resources to assist you with your funding application. After reviewing these, you may contact a staff member if you need advice regarding these guidelines between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Telephone: (02) 8289 6520
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule an online meeting to speak to Create staff through picktime.
- Or you may contact staff directly.