Write North Writers’ Group Residency (Mid-Career to Established)
NSW Creative Leadership Program Guidelines 2020/21
Updated Wednesday 15 July 2020.
The information on this page is a guide only. We recommend reading the full guidelines before completing your application.
Applications opened on Friday 3 July 2020 and will closed on Monday 27 July 2020.
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system, SmartyGrants.
* Please note that when applying, the travel budget is only for estimated travel and accommodation costs, to and from the Residency.
If you are an applicant with disability, and you require this information in a format which is accessible to you, or if you require this information in another language, you can contact us on the details above between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Telephone: (02) 8289 6520
- Email: email@example.com
- Or contact the Arts Funding team directly.
The National Relay service numbers are:
- TTY users: Phone 133 677 then ask for (02) 8289 6520
- Speak and Listen users: Phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8289 6520
- Internet Relay users: Connect to NES then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Write North is delivered in partnership with Byron Writers Festival, to support a writers’ group (of between 2 – 4 members) to undertake a writing residency and mentorship program affiliated with Byron Writers
Festival in 2020.
The residency will take place for seven days, from 7 – 13 September 2020. The residency, for up to four writers will include mentorship and feedback sessions across 5 days from established author, Charlotte Wood. This mentorship will include intensive writing time, guided group discussions and individual consultation sessions.
This residency opportunity comes with $10,000 financial support for the successful group to continue their writing development after the residency.
Write North will engage a new lead writer, every year or every two years to support the successful Writer’s Group.
Important notice: COVID-19 restrictions and public health orders
As the public health conditions of COVID-19 are dynamic and subject to change at any time, Create NSW will provide the opportunity to vary the program if required to ensure this Residency does not contravene
any Public Health Orders that may be in place. Please refer to NSW Government Public Health Orders.
Who can apply for funding?
You must be:
- a writers’ group comprised of up to four individuals who are residents in NSW;
- Australian citizens or permanent residents;
- and over 18.
Specific eligibility requirements for this opportunity:
- to be eligible for the Write North Writers’ Group Residency you need to form or be an existing writers group based in NSW. Up to four of your members can be nominated in this application.
- preference will be to groups, who amongst them, have two books published through a recognised Australian trade publisher.
When will I know if my application is successful?
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications under embargo* in early August 2020.
* Under embargo means that applicants are notified but cannot publicise the outcome until the official announcement has been made by the Minister for the Arts or Create NSW. The embargo period is taken seriously and failure to comply may impact your current or future funding eligibility.
What support is available to me?
Resources are available to assist you with your funding application. Contact a staff member if you need any advice between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday: