Willow Grove Future Site
Town planning consultants Ethos Urban, have been working closely with the Community Reference Group to identify the best location for the relocation of Willow Grove.
Following the Relocation Framework and Methodology Plan, an in-depth study of sites within the Parramatta Local Government Area was undertaken, and together with suggestions from the Community Reference Group, an extensive list of potential site options was developed.
The assessment criteria for potential shortlisted locations include:
- existing use
- sufficient size to accommodate Willow Grove house, including front fence
- proximity to the river and water
- parkland setting
- transportation and accessibility
- hazards (bushfire, flood etc.)
- impact of future surrounding development
- impact of relocation on existing planning/ development objectives.
The map below outlines the area covered in the search for potential Willow Grove locations that fit the assessment criteria and the long list of sites identified through the process.
With the feedback from key stakeholders including landowners and the Community Reference Group, three potential locations have been selected.
Site one: Westmead Health Precinct
The site is situated on the grounds of Cumberland Hospital in the Westmead Health Precinct.
- heritage precinct
- relationship with future social, community and creative uses within the North Parramatta precinct
- proximity to Westmead Health Precinct
- parkland setting with good public access (future)
- good public transport accessibility (future).
Site two: Lake Parramatta Reserve
Lake Parramatta Reserve is situated in a parkland setting and was suggested by a member of the Community Reference Group.
- parkland setting with bushland and open lawns
- proximity to highly developed recreational areas
- opportunities to enhance and supplement existing recreational and cultural offerings
- high levels of public visitation.
Site three: Robin Thomas Reserve
Robin Thomas Reserve is home to another existing heritage house, Ellagowan. Robin Thomas Reserve is owned by Parramatta City Council, and any future development would require agreement with the Council.
- visual connection with Parramatta River
- parkland setting
- ability to compliment enhanced sporting amenities
- relationship with adjoining heritage house (Ellangowan)
- proximity to Parramatta CBD
- public transport accessibility.
For more information, or to provide us with feedback on the project:
Come have a chat with us at
- Wednesday 31 August 2022, Parramatta Farmers Market, Centenary Square
- Monday 5 September 2022, Parramatta train station, Parramatta Square underpass
Join us online for a series of information sessions
- Friday 26 August, 10am – 11am
- Monday 29 August, 5pm – 6pm
Register here willowgroveparramatta.eventbrite.com
Let us know what you think about these potential sites and future use by completing this quick survey.