NSW History Fellowship
The NSW History Fellowship is offered annually by the Government to assist a person living in NSW to research and produce a work on a subject of historical interest relating to NSW.
What is the closing date?
CLOSED 5pm, Tuesday 14 June 2011
How much is available?
What are the Assessment Criteria?
The Assessment Criteria for this Fellowship are:
- merit of the proposed work. Note: the assessment panel may consider the following:
– originality of the proposal
– extent to which the proposal embodies new research
– appropriateness of the methodology to be used
– extent to which the work will advance scholarly historical writing in Australia
- applicant’s research, analytical and writing skills as demonstrated in their support material and/or previous work
- applicant’s professional skills, experience and/or qualifications
- potential impact of the Fellowship on the applicant’s career.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Australian citizens currently resident in NSW
- Those holding permanent residence visas currently resident in NSW.
Persons who are temporarily overseas or outside of NSW may apply, provided that they can demonstrate that NSW is their primary place of residence and that they are otherwise eligible.
Please read the Guidelines (hyperlink to PDF provided: 2011 NSW History Fellowship Guidelines– to open in a new window) carefully for further eligibility criteria.
If you are unsure of your eligibility, please speak to Arts NSW.
How to apply?
Applications have now closed for 2011.
The following documents are for reference only:
- FOR REFERENCE ONLY – Application form