Attention: NSW Caretaker Period has commenced
The caretaker period for the NSW Election commenced on 3 March 2023.
Accordingly, no ministerial press releases or related information issued by the Government from this date will be available on this website.
For copies of recently issued ministerial press releases or information on the election policies of any political party as they relate to this department/agency or its portfolio area, please go directly to the website of the relevant political party
Museums & Galleries NSW Volunteer Placements Program
This program places volunteers in larger cultural institutions for up to 10 days. The funding recipients are:
- Sonia Binks, Huskisson ($1,940) for a placement at the Australian Museum to develop conservation skills and storage techniques – for use at Lady Denman Heritage Complex, Orange.
- Pauline Reynolds-Barff, Gloucester ($1766) for placement at the Australian Museum to develop skills in storage and preventative conservation techniques – for use at Gloucester District Historical Society.
- Heather Thompson, Queanbeyan ($1650) for placement at the Australian Museum to learn about collection management techniques such as cyclical maintenance, risk assessment and improved pest control – for use at Queanbeyan and District Historical Museum Society.
- Lloyd Beresford-Maning, Nambucca ($1,320) for a placement at Newcastle Museum to improve skills in designing exhibitions, signage and museum marketing – for use at Frank Partridge V.C Military Museum at Bowraville.
- Tracey Morris, Adaminaby ($990) for placement at National Museum of Australia to develop skills in preserving and storing documents and significant objects – for use at Snowy Scheme Museum, Adaminaby.
- Lisa Chidlow, Orange ($1,290) for a placement at State Records of NSW to gain skills in cataloguing, storage, preservation and information technology – for use at Orange RSL Museum.
- Frederick Finn, Lithgow ($460) for a placement at the Australian Museum to develop skills in object storage, conservation and condition reporting – for use at Eskbank House, Lithgow.
- Sue Fulton, Blue Mountains ($631) for a placement at State Records of NSW to improve skills in paper conservation, cataloguing, indexing and digitising paper-based collections – for use at Valley Heights Locomotive Depot Heritage Museum.