Museums & Galleries NSW Volunteer Placements Program
This program places volunteers in larger cultural institutions for up to 10 days. The funding recipients are:
- Sonia Binks, Huskisson ($1,940) for a placement at the Australian Museum to develop conservation skills and storage techniques – for use at Lady Denman Heritage Complex, Orange.
- Pauline Reynolds-Barff, Gloucester ($1766) for placement at the Australian Museum to develop skills in storage and preventative conservation techniques – for use at Gloucester District Historical Society.
- Heather Thompson, Queanbeyan ($1650) for placement at the Australian Museum to learn about collection management techniques such as cyclical maintenance, risk assessment and improved pest control – for use at Queanbeyan and District Historical Museum Society.
- Lloyd Beresford-Maning, Nambucca ($1,320) for a placement at Newcastle Museum to improve skills in designing exhibitions, signage and museum marketing – for use at Frank Partridge V.C Military Museum at Bowraville.
- Tracey Morris, Adaminaby ($990) for placement at National Museum of Australia to develop skills in preserving and storing documents and significant objects – for use at Snowy Scheme Museum, Adaminaby.
- Lisa Chidlow, Orange ($1,290) for a placement at State Records of NSW to gain skills in cataloguing, storage, preservation and information technology – for use at Orange RSL Museum.
- Frederick Finn, Lithgow ($460) for a placement at the Australian Museum to develop skills in object storage, conservation and condition reporting – for use at Eskbank House, Lithgow.
- Sue Fulton, Blue Mountains ($631) for a placement at State Records of NSW to improve skills in paper conservation, cataloguing, indexing and digitising paper-based collections – for use at Valley Heights Locomotive Depot Heritage Museum.