Metro Art – Screen Based Public Artwork
Expressions of Interest are NOW CLOSED.
Create NSW is calling for artists to register their interest to develop screen based artwork for each of the seven stations of the next stage of Sydney Metro. This is a significant opportunity to contribute to Sydney’s new metro railway, and to leave a lasting impression on the people and the city of Sydney.
Screen Based artworks
There will be 7 – 14 artists selected to create screen based artworks.
This EOI is the first step in the application process. Step 2 will commence in September 2018 and extend through 2019. At this stage, artists are not required to submit a proposal or concept. Applications will be assessed against the assessment criteria outlined below.
- Artistic merit as evidenced in the material provided
- Relevance to Sydney Metro’s customers, stations and precincts
- Experience in exhibition or public projects
- Ability to develop permanent, durable and robust artworks
- Ability to deliver artwork to schedule.
Artists who would like to be considered to be included on the artist long list must submit via the SmartyGrants application system on the Create NSW Website. Please provide the following:
- A max 500 word response to the above criteria detailing your interest in this project.
- A max 300 word description of your current practice, experience, achievements and career highlights as a professional practitioner in your art form.
- A max 1 page CV
- A letter of reference from a client, commissioner or gallerist (encouraged)
- Three relevant examples of your work
- Availability to participate in the current program dates for Step 2.
Submissions close: Monday 3 September at 5pm (AEST/AEDT).
The information on this page is a guide only.
Before you apply please read the metro screen based artwork expression of interest accessed via the link below.
Download the metro screen based artwork expression of interest
To submit an EOI you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system. APPLY NOW
Link to application: https://artsnsw.smartygrants.com.au/2018MAScreenEOI
For queries regarding the EOI process please email:
David Everist, Manager, Engagement and Partnerships, Create NSW on David.Everist@create.nsw.gov.au
Nat Randall, Engagement and Partnerships Lead, Create NSW on Nat.Randall@create.nsw.gov.au