Metro Art – Integrated & Sculptural Public Artwork
Expressions of Interest are NOW CLOSED.
Create NSW is calling for artists to register their interest to develop a major integrated and/or sculptural artwork for each of the seven stations of the next stage of Sydney Metro. This is a significant opportunity to contribute to Sydney’s new metro railway, and to leave a lasting impression on the people and the city of Sydney.
Integrated and/or sculptural artworks
One artist will be selected for integrated and/or sculptural artwork at each station. The artist, or artist team, will have the opportunity to develop a major artwork at entrance locations and possibly further interior locations within the selected station.
This EOI is the first step in the application process. Step 2 will commence in September 2018 and extend through 2019. At this stage, artists are not required to submit a proposal or concept. Applications will be assessed against the assessment criteria outlined below.
- Artistic merit as evidenced in the material provided
- Relevance to Sydney Metro’s customers, stations and precincts
- Experience of the scale suitable for a large infrastructure project or art installation including public art experience in; the public realm, major developments and/or major art exhibitions
- Ability to develop permanent, durable and robust artworks
- Ability to deliver artwork as part of a large team and tight schedule.
Artists who would like to be considered to be included on the artist long list must submit via the SmartyGrants application system on the Create NSW Website. Please provide the following:
- A max 500 word response to the above criteria detailing your interest in this project.
- A max 300 word description of your current practice, experience, achievements and career highlights as a professional practitioner in your art form.
- A max 1 page CV
- A letter of reference from a client, commissioner or gallerist (encouraged)
- Three relevant examples of your work
- Availability to participate in the current program dates for Step 2
Submissions close: Monday 3 September at 5pm (AEST/AEDT).
The information on this page is a guide only.
Before you apply, please read the Metro Art Integrated and Sculptural public artwork EOI accessed via the link below.
Download Metro Art Integrated and Sculptural public artwork EOI
To submit an EOI you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system. APPLY NOW
Link to application: https://artsnsw.smartygrants.com.au/2018MAISPAEOI
For queries regarding the EOI process please email:
David Everist, Manager, Engagement and Partnerships, Create NSW at David.Everist@create.nsw.gov.au
Nat Randall, Engagement and Partnerships Lead, Create NSW at Nat.Randall@create.nsw.gov.au