Indigenous Arts Fellowship
The Indigenous Arts Fellowship was established in 1996 by the Government in partnership with the City of Sydney and was awarded biennially.
In 2011 the value of the Fellowship doubled from $15,000 to $30,000 and was part of Arts NSW’s implementation of the NSW Aboriginal Arts and Cultural Strategy.
The applicant’s proposal could include further study or training, professional research or the undertaking of a particular arts project. The Fellowship could be undertaken in Australia or overseas.
What is the closing date?
CLOSED 5pm, Monday 16 May 2011
How much is available?
What are the Assessment Criteria?
The Assessment Criteria for this Fellowship are:
- the artistic merit of the project and originality of the proposal
- applicant’s professional skills and experience as an established artist
- the potential impact of the Fellowship on the applicant’s career
- extent to which the project will advance the NSW Aboriginal arts and cultural sector.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this Fellowship, applicants must:
- be an Indigenous Australian citizen currently resident in New South Wales;
- be an Indigenous Australian holding a permanent residence visa currently resident in New South Wales.
Please read the Guidelines carefully for further eligibility criteria.
If you are unsure of your eligibility, please speak to Arts NSW.
How to apply?
Applications are now closed for 2011.
The following documents are for reference only:
- FOR REFERENCE ONLY – Application form