Audience Outlook Monitor results
Results from the NSW Digital Engagement Outlook are now available.
In March 2022 , Patternmakers, with the support of Create NSW, conducted the latest round of the Audience Outlook Monitor. The NSW Digital Engagement Factsheet highlights the continued role of online participation in NSW.
Some key findings from the Digital Engagement Factsheet include:
- Engagement with online arts and cultural activities has declined slightly as audiences return to in person attendance.
- 45% of respondents said they participated online in the previous fortnight (9 -13 March 2022)
- NSW audiences are the most likely to pay for online arts and cultural experiences (36%) compared to other states.
- 28% of audiences see a substantial role for digital in their lives. Some respondents noted that digital activities allow them to overcome barriers and engage with arts in a safe way.
Previous NSW Snapshot Reports
- Download the March 2022 Snapshot Report, or download the accessible version.
- Download the November 2021 NSW Snapshot Report.
- Download the October 2021 Pulse Check
- Download the fifth NSW Snapshot Report.
- Download the fourth NSW Snapshot Report.
- Download the third NSW Snapshot Report, or download the accessible version.
- Download the second NSW Snapshot Report, or download the accessible version.
- Download the first NSW Snapshot Report.
National Snapshot Reports are available from the Australia Council’s website.
Use the dashboard to get results for your artform and region
Survey data from Australian respondents has been aggregated in a freely available dashboard, to assist artists and cultural organisations.
Read more about the methodology and the types of events that are included.
Access the dashboard by following the link below and entering the login details provided. For guidance on how to use the dashboard, visit the Australian homepage for the dashboard, where you can watch a tour or download a guide.
Access the Dashboard
Please share your reflections and insights using the hashtag #audienceoutlookmonitor
About the Audience Outlook Monitor
The results now available represent phases of the study that track how audiences feel about returning to events in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Data was collected between May 2020 and March 2022.
The dashboard is freely accessible and designed to help artists and cultural organisations of all kinds to make the best possible decisions about re-opening.
How to find out more
More Snapshot Reports, Fact Sheets and resources will be made available throughout 2022. To receive these directly into your inbox, as soon as they are available, you can opt in to receive Audience Outlook Monitor news straight from the researchers.
If you have a question, or an idea for using this data, please contact Patternmakers at email@example.com.