The Gunnery vacant spaces EOI
Create NSW is calling for expressions of interest (EOI) from eligible arts organisations to occupy office space in The Gunnery at 43-51 Cowper Wharf Road, Woolloomooloo until the 31 July 2020.
The Gunnery provides office, gallery and artist’s studio space for Artspace Visual Art Centre and office accommodation for Arts Law, and the National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA).
As part of the Create in NSW: NSW Arts and Cultural Policy Framework, Create NSW provides subsidised accommodation to key not-for-profit arts organisations. Similar organisations are co-located to promote skills and experience sharing, collaboration and efficiencies.
- EOI submissions open: 25 February 2019.
- EOI submissions close: 18 March 2019.
- Property inspection opportunity: 10 am, 7 March 2019.
- Successful applicants notified: March-April 2019.
- Lease commences: By negotiation, ideally during the first half of 2019.
Who can apply?
Under the Infrastructure Support Policy eligible arts and cultural organisations are those that are either a not-for-profit incorporated body or a co-operative or trust, and are legally constituted.
What you can apply for?
There are three spaces available, all of which are located on the first floor of the building.
- Vacant space 1 – 197 m²
- Vacant space 2 – 49 m²
- Vacant space 3 – 159 m²
Your EOI can be for one, two, (in any combination) or all of these spaces.
- The floorplan is available in the SmartyGrants application.
- Artspace’s gallery space is located below these vacant spaces and artists’ studios are located above. There has been limited acoustic treatment of the floor and ceiling and at times there is significant noise bleeds from Artspace premises. Vacant space 1 is more impacted than the other spaces.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the Gunnery Vacant Space guidelines in the SmartyGrants application for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements, assessment criteria and support material for this EOI.
EOIs are to be submitted through the online form in SmartyGrants before 5pm on Monday 18 March 2019. No late EOIs will be accepted.
Need advice on your application?
For assistance in making an application or clarification on Guidelines, please contact:
Paul Lemmerman | Infrastructure Portfolio Lead
(02) 8289 6501 or Paul.Lemmerman@create.nsw.gov.au
Published: 26 February 2019