NSW Caretaker period commences 1 March 2019
The Caretaker period for the NSW Election commences on 1 March 2019.
What is the Caretaker period?
Successive State Governments over the years have accepted that special arrangements should be made in the period immediately before an election. In particular, the period following the dissolution of the Legislative Assembly. This period is known as “caretaker”. During caretaker, the government conducts business as usual, but no significant decisions, initiatives or appointments are made.
When is Caretaker?
The caretaker period for the upcoming NSW Election commences 1 March 2019, and runs until either:
- the current Government is returned (if the election result is clear) or;
- if there is a change of Government (and the new Premier is commissioned to form a Government).
What does Caretaker mean for Create NSW?
To protect the political neutrality of the public service, and to guarantee all parties a “fair go”, the following services will be paused:
- Ministerial Services – no ministerial press releases or related information issued by the Government from 1 March 2019 will be available on our website. For copies of recently-issued ministerial press releases or information on the election policies of any political party, please go to the website of the relevant political party,
- Social Media – updates to our social media accounts
- Website – updates to the websites
- Advertising – all advertising of Create NSW programs, initiatives and announcements.
What can Create NSW do during Caretaker?
Create NSW will still be open for business, and we will continue to accept submissions for the funding rounds and expressions of interest (EOI) open during this time. The following rounds are currently open:
- Music Now: closing 14 March 2019;
- Arts & Cultural Projects Round 2: closing 8 April 2019;
- Screen Production Funding Round 65: closing 24 March 2019;
- The Gunnery vacant spaces EOI: closing 18 March 2019;
- Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta design competition EOI: closing 18 March 2019.
Create NSW staff will be available to assist with applications and EOIs. Contact details for each fund & EOI are available on their respective pages. For all other enquiries, go to email@example.com or see the Contact Us page for more ways to get in touch.
Published: 27 February 2019