Have your say – National Arts and Disability Strategy
The National Arts and Disability Strategy is being renewed. The Department of Communications and the Arts wants to hear about your experiences in the sector and how you think the participation of people with disability in the arts, screen and culture sector can be increased.
Everyone can have their say. It’s important to hear the views of as many people and organisations as possible, including:
- Artists, arts and cultural workers and screen practitioners with disability
- People with disability who are audience members at venues and events, at home or online or who participate in creative or cultural workshops or recreational arts, screen or cultural activities
- People with disability who want to participate in arts, screen or cultural activities
- Creative, cultural and screen sector organisations and businesses – including producers, festivals, venues, presenters, publishers and design organisations – that work with practitioners with disability, deliver programs and services to people with disability or that want to in the future
- Carers, families and other people who support people with disability
- Local councils
- Education and training organisations
- Disability organisations
- Anyone else who has ideas on how to improve access to and participation in creative and cultural activities by people with disability, including people with mental health conditions.
It’s important to hear from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQI people, people from western Sydney, people from regional NSW, young people and older people.
This is the first step in developing a renewed National Arts and Disability Strategy for 2019. As well as looking at how to increase participation, consultations want to hear your views on ways to:
- support the practice, professional development, networks and employment of practitioners with disability,
- build audiences for the work of artists and screen practitioners with disability,
- promote and celebrate the diversity of artists, arts and cultural workers and screen practitioners with disability.
Submissions close Monday, 3 December 2018, 5pm (AEST).
Anyone who wishes to submit their views can complete an online survey, provide a written, verbal or recorded submission or attend a face-to-face consultation meeting – dates and locations TBC.
To find out more and to have your say online here: https://www.arts.gov.au/have-your-say/national-arts-and-disability-strategy
Or join us at one of our consultation meetings below.
The meetings will be run by an independent facilitator, DiverseWerks. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 555 029. You can let DiverseWerks know about any access requirements you have.
Published: 4 October 2018