Create NSW has expanded the Creative Kids program
Artists, cultural practitioners and arts organisations offering creative experiences for children and young people across a variety of artforms may be eligible for a range of support under expanded Creative Kids guidelines.
Creative Kids is a $216 million four-year initiative, designed to make it easier for school-aged children and young people to participate in creative and cultural activities, with NSW arts and cultural organisations who register with the program.
Registering to be a Creative Kids Provider can increase your organisation’s reach to new audiences, as every school-aged child and young person in NSW is eligible for a $100 voucher per year to put towards the cost of lessons and fees. The vouchers can only be redeemed with registered Creative Kids Providers.
The program expansion includes:
- Extension of the use of Creative Kids vouchers for
- online programs
- creative and cultural activities that support the school curriculum for 2020
- ticket packages when accompanied with a workshop
- A toolkit to help Providers pivot to online delivery
- $1 million in digital adaptation grants of up to $5,000 each for Creative Kids Providers to further support online delivery of Creative Kids programs
Under the revised guidelines, online activities delivered through platforms such as Skype, Zoom, YouTube, Vimeo, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, webinars and digital video hosting platforms are eligible for support.
Image: Hanne Dora Davies presenting digital content at Casula Powerhouse. Photo by Cayn Rosmarin.
Published: 10 June 2020