Western Sydney Making Spaces
Western Sydney Making Spaces fund provides support for professional artists and arts and cultural organisations and groups to establish new studios, residencies and rehearsal spaces in Western Sydney.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the Western Sydney Strategic Funding Program Guidelines for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements, assessment criteria and support material for this funding category.
Closing dates and timeframe
- Applications open: Friday 12 October 2018.
- Applications close: Friday 23 November 2018.
Projects must start after 1 February 2019 but can run until 30 June 2021.
Who can apply?
- Professional artists, creative partnerships, cultural groups and arts organisations based in Western Sydney.
- Community groups, unincorporated entities and non-government organisations based in Western Sydney.
- Property owners, managers of sites and Aboriginal Land Councils in Western Sydney.
- Government property owners/managers based in NSW.
Applicants are limited to submitting one application per nominated site.
What you can apply for
You can apply for $15,000 – $50,000 per application, per site.
To apply, complete and submit the Western Sydney Making Spaces application form available through our secure online grants system, SmartyGrants.
Tips from successful applicants
We spoke with the team at The Street University on their successful application to the Western Sydney Making Spaces fund. Read about it HERE.