Western Sydney Making Spaces Initiative
The Western Sydney Making Spaces Initiative will provide funding to support professional artists and arts organisations to create their work in new studios, artists’ residencies and rehearsal spaces in Western Sydney.
The Western Sydney Making Spaces Initiative seeks to open up new and innovative arts sites across Western Sydney to increase the footprint of arts making and arts participation across the region. It is designed to encourage property owners or managers to offer new or unused spaces for making and programming art works in 2018/19 and 2019/20.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the Western Sydney Making Spaces Guidelines 2018 for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
Applications open: 19 March 2018
Applications close: 27 April 2018 (midnight, AEST – Sydney time)
Who can apply?
- Professional artists, creative partnerships, cultural groups and arts organisations based in NSW
- Community groups, unincorporated entities and non-government organisations based in NSW
- Government property owners/managers based in NSW.
- $15,000 to $50,000 per application, per site.
Please note: to apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Create NSW online application system.
Create NSW Staff are available during business hours to provide advice on interpreting the guidelines and the type of activities that are relevant to each funding category.
Phone: (02) 8289 6533
Free call: 1800 358 594 (NSW only)
To make a National Relay Service call:
- TTY users phone 133677 then ask for (02) 8289 6533
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8289 6533.