NSW Grants (devolved funding)
Some Arts and Cultural Development Program funds are managed by sector service organisations to support arts and cultural activities at local and regional levels.
Organisations offering small grants or devolved funding programs have broad networks across the arts and cultural sector, within specific artforms and with the community.
Applications for NSW Small Grants (devolved funding) should be made directly to the relevant partner organisation.
Guidelines, closing dates, application forms and application processes vary. Please contact partner service organisations directly for further information on current programs.
Country Arts Support Program
The Country Arts Support Program (CASP) is an annual small grants program funded by Create NSW and managed by Regional Arts Development Organisations (RADOs) and is guided by Create NSW’s Arts and Cultural Funding Program’s three major objectives:
- grow creative leadership and programming excellence in NSW
- strengthen NSW arts and cultural activity that drives community and social benefits
- showcase NSW as a leader for strategic arts and cultural governance and strong financial management.
To support community arts and cultural development in regional NSW through small grants that:
- assist locally determined community arts and cultural activities
- increase opportunities for regionally based groups to access a diverse range of arts programs
- enable communities to explore and express their cultural identities
- bring social and economic benefits to the community through training, employment and promotional opportunities
- lead to greater awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity
- increase the sustainability and resilience of regionally based community arts organisations.
CASP open and closing dates
|Arts Mid North Coast||June 2022||TBC|
|Arts North West||11 April 2022||30 May 2022|
|Arts Northern Rivers||20 May 2022||30 June 2022|
|Arts Out West||8 March 2022||21 April 2022|
|Arts Upper Hunter||28 March 2022||16 May 2022|
|Eastern Riverina Arts||9 June 2022||24 July 2022|
|Murray Arts||1 April 2022||30 May 2022|
|Orana Arts||22 March 2022||30 April 2022|
|Outback Arts||1 March 2022||1 April 2022|
|South East Arts||2 May 2022||27 May 2022|
|South West Arts||4 April 2022||5 August 2022|
|Southern Tableland Arts||1 March 2022||18 April 2022|
|West Darling Arts||25 April 2022||21 May 2022|
|Western Riverina Arts||2 May 2022||30 May 2022|
South Coast Arts
- South Coast Arts is the newest edition to the Regional Arts Development Organisation (RADO) network and provides services for arts and cultural activity in the South Coast region.
- Applicants living and/or working on the South Coast of NSW within the Shellharbour City, Kiama and Shoalhaven City local government areas are eligible to apply for a Country Arts Support Program (CASP) grant.
- Applicants looking to apply for this grant must speak to South Coast Arts prior to starting their application. Applicants can email enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Further information about this grant round can be found in the guidelines here.
This Grant Round – Seed Funding
- This is the first round of CASP funding managed by South Coast Arts, the newest member of the RADO network. Individuals and groups within the Shellharbour City, Kiama and Shoalhaven City local government areas wishing to apply for funds in this round have the opportunity to develop a new creative concept and undertake a research/ development process (stage 1). While this grant does not require a public outcome, successful applicants will be required to present their ideas and proposed outcomes at a network gathering hosted by South Coast Arts in March 2023.
Band Association of NSW
- Community Band Development Grants
Phone: 02 8501 2526
Museums and Galleries NSW
- Skills Development Grants
- Leg Up Grants (Quick Response)
- Fellowships, Mentorships and Volunteer Placements
- Volunteer Museum Small Grants
- Audience Development Fund
- Volunteer Museum Project Development
Phone: 02 9252 8300
Freecall: 1800 114 311 (regional NSW only)
Royal Australian Historical Society
- Cultural Grants Program
Phone: 02 9247 8001