Visual Arts Commissioning Program
Applications for the Visual Arts Commissioning Program are closed.
If you are an applicant with disability or who is d/Deaf, and you require this information in a format which is accessible to you, or if you require this information in another language, you can contact us on (02) 8289 6520 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
The National Relay service numbers are:
TTY users: Phone 133 677 then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Speak and Listen users: Phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Internet Relay users: Connect to NES then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
The Visual Arts Commissioning Program supports bold and ambitious new work by professional NSW artists and groups. In 2021/22 a commitment of $1 million is being offered to support commissions of up to $100,000.
The objectives of the Visual Arts Commissioning Program are to:
- support new work and the employment and development of professional NSW visual artists and groups
- recognise the impact COVID-19 has had on the visual arts sector including loss of income and exhibition opportunities
- invest in the long-term careers of professional NSW artists and groups
- support the reopening of the State after a period of lockdowns and the COVID-19 recovery period
- increase confidence for the philanthropic sector and galleries who have experienced multiple cancellations and delays of exhibitions
- support taking risks and invest in new work
- deliver a dynamic and diverse range of arts and cultural experiences to communities across NSW
- contribute to the development of a vibrant and accessible arts and cultural sector.
When can I apply for funding?
Applications open: Monday 28 February 2022.
Applications close: Wednesday 6 April 2022.
The information on this page is a guide only. We recommend reading the full guidelines before completing your application.
Go to the 21/22 Visual Arts Commissioning Program Guidelines (accessible pdf).
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system, Smartygrants.
What support is available to me?
We have a range of resources to assist you with your funding application. After reviewing these, you may contact a staff member if you need advice regarding these guidelines between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.