Regional Arts Touring
Arts and Cultural Funding Program 2021/22
Applications for Round One of Regional Arts Touring are closed. Round Two will open in March 2022.
If you are an applicant with disability or who is d/Deaf, and you require this information in a format which is accessible to you, or if you require this information in another language, you can contact us on (02) 8289 6520 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
The National Relay service numbers are:
TTY users: Phone 133 677 then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Speak and Listen users: Phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Internet Relay users: Connect to NES then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Regional Arts Touring funding supports projects that provide access to arts and culture for audiences living in regional NSW.
Funding is available for tours of all artforms, including performing arts, music, visual arts, literature, history, museums and multi-arts. Applicants should demonstrate strong audience development and engagement strategies.
It aims to:
- provide people in regional NSW with access to a high calibre and diverse range of artistic and cultural experiences, no matter where they live.
- support best practice programming in regional and rural facilities.
- build audiences by encouraging and promoting regional and local support for arts and culture.
- build the viability of NSW arts and cultural organisations by developing new markets and audiences.
What can I apply for?
Funding is available for a wide range of touring activity which may include but is not limited to:
- a Sydney-based dance company touring to three regional NSW destinations and delivering workshops with young people
- a regional NSW theatre organisation touring a performance to one Western Sydney and two regional NSW locations
- an artist/curator from Western Sydney touring an exhibition to multiple regional NSW galleries
- a band touring regional NSW to support an album release.
Funding is not available under this program for filmmaking and screen production, mainstream animation and film festivals (see screen.nsw.gov.au for funding opportunities in this area).
When can I apply for funding?
There are two opportunities to apply for funding during the 2021/22 financial year:
Opens Tuesday 28 September 2021 and closes 5pm AEDT, Monday 25 October 2021.
Opens Monday 14 March 2022 and closes 5pm AEST, Tuesday 19 April 2022.
How much can I apply for?
There is no minimum or maximum funding limits for this category.
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system SmartyGrants.
What support is available to me?
We have a range of resources to assist you with your funding application. After reviewing these, you may contact a staff member if you need advice regarding these guidelines between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.