Local Government Authorities Arts & Cultural Projects Funding
Applications for the 2022/23 Local Government Authorities (LGA) Arts & Cultural Projects Funding are open.
If you are an applicant with disability or who is d/Deaf, and you require this information in a format which is accessible to you, or if you require this information in another language, you can contact us on (02) 8289 6520 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
The National Relay service numbers are:
TTY users: Phone 133 677 then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Speak and Listen users: Phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Internet Relay users: Connect to NES then ask for (02) 8289 6520.
Local Government Authority Arts & Cultural Projects Funding supports Local Government arts and cultural projects that are essential to a contemporary, innovative and strong arts and cultural ecology in NSW. It aims to:
- build on the commitment by Local Councils to deliver hard and soft infrastructure to support arts and cultural activities across the State
- provide funding for projects that deliver great arts and cultural outcomes for audiences
- support the employment of artists and arts, cultural and museum workers to produce new work and
- partner with others to create unique experiences, events, and activities.
What can I apply for?
Funding requests must deliver outcomes of significant merit in arts and culture (including innovation and experimentation).
Funding is available for a wide range of project/s and/or series of events and activities, including but not limited to:
- commissioning new arts and cultural practice.
- museum object displays, storytelling projects and/or methods of interpretation.
- production, exhibition, presenting, publishing, or recording, touring and festivals.
- promotion and marketing.
- audience growth and development.
- conservation and/or development of collections and archives (including Aboriginal Keeping Places)
- partnerships, capacity building and sustainability.
LGA funding is not available for:
- core operational costs. Create NSW funding cannot be used as a replacement for core operational funding provided by Local Government to your facility or unit. This includes but is not limited to:
- capital items
- non-project staff
- repairs any activity already covered by pre-existing Create NSW funding arrangements.
- filmmaking and screen any period of the program already covered by pre-existing Create NSW funding
- filmmaking and screen production, mainstream animation, and film festivals (see screen.nsw.gov.au for funding opportunities in this area).
- revitalisation of urban precincts.
When can I apply for funding?
Opens 22 November 2021.
Closes 24 January 2022, 5pm AEDT.
For programs that will occur between 1 July 2022 and 31 December 2023 (if only one year of funding). Up to three years of funding can be applied for.
How much can I apply for?
There is no maximum request amount for LGA funding. However, if you are applying for $200,000 or more, you will need to consult with Create NSW before Friday 17 December 2021.
Please see the Process for Requests Above the Cap Fact sheet for more information.
Go to the 2022/23 Local Government Authorities (LGA) Arts & Cultural Projects Funding Guidelines (accessible version).
Go to the 2022/23 Local Government Authorities (LGA) Arts & Cultural Projects Funding Guidelines (word version).
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system SmartyGrants.
What support is available to me?
We have a range of resources to assist you with your funding application. After reviewing these, you may contact a staff member if you need advice regarding these guidelines between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.