Creative Koori Projects
Arts and Cultural Funding Program 2021/22
Applications for Creative Koori Projects funding are closed.
If you are an applicant with disability or who is d/Deaf, and you require this information in a format which is accessible to you, or if you require this information in another language, you can contact us on (02) 8289 6520 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
The National Relay service numbers are:
TTY users: Phone 133 677 then ask for (02) 8289 6520
Speak and Listen users: Phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8289 6520
Internet Relay users: Connect to NES then ask for (02) 8289 6520
Creative Koori Projects funding is available only to Aboriginal artists, arts and cultural workers, groups and organisations.
It aims to support a strong, resilient and exciting Aboriginal arts and cultural sector for NSW. This will be done by embracing the principles of Aboriginal self-determination and putting Aboriginal artists, arts/cultural workers, organisations and communities at the centre of funded cultural and creative activity.
What can I apply for?
Funding may be requested for a range of activities including but not limited to:
- NSW Aboriginal cultural development including projects that focus on cultural revitalisation and passing on cultural creative practices and knowledge between generations.
- Contemporary practice that explores new ways of cultural and creative expression. This can include the creation of new work and practice-based research or experimentation.
- Sharing NSW Aboriginal culture through productions, exhibitions, performances, publishing or recording, touring and festivals. This can also include projects that foster collaboration or partnerships with others and market/audience development activity.
- Promoting NSW Aboriginal culture through promotion and marketing activities.
- Strengthening the NSW Aboriginal arts and cultural sector through a wide range of activities such as:
- creation of employment pathways for Aboriginal artists
- professional development for Aboriginal individuals, groups and organisations
- conservation and/or development of Aboriginal collections and archives of cultural material.
Who can apply for funding?
This funding is only available to Aboriginal artists, arts and cultural workers, groups and organisations. This is detailed in the Guidelines.
When can I apply for funding?
There are two opportunities to apply for funding during the 2021/22 financial year:
Opens Thursday 8 July 2021 and closes 5pm, Wednesday 18 August 2021.
Opens Monday 6 December 2021 and closes 5pm, Monday 31 January 2022.
How much can I apply for?
The maximum amount of funding that you can apply for is $60,000.
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system SmartyGrants:
What support is available to me?
We have a range of resources to assist you with your funding application. After reviewing these, you may contact a staff member if you need advice regarding these guidelines between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.