Create NSW Artform Assessment Boards EOI
Expressions of Interest are currently invited from arts and cultural leaders to join Create NSW Artform Assessment Boards.
This Expression of Interest is now closed.
The purpose of the Artform Assessment Boards is to assess applications made to the Arts and Cultural Funding Program and to provide recommendations for the Minister’s approval.
The following Artform Assessment Boards will be established:
- Aboriginal Arts and Culture Board
- Classical Music Board (including Ensembles and Chamber Music)
- Contemporary Music Board
- Dance and Physical Theatre Board (including Ballet)
- Opera, Musical Theatre and Chorus Board
- Literature Board
- Multi-arts & Festivals Board
- Museums Board
- Theatre Board
- Visual Arts Board.
Who can apply?
Applicants will have specific artform knowledge, experience and ecology perspective, have demonstrated leadership in their practice including a senior position in an organisation and/or be recognised by peers as a leading professional practitioner.
Applicants reflecting the diversity of the NSW community including women, culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD), Aboriginal, people living with disability, LGBTQIA+, young people as well as representation from Western Sydney and regional NSW are encouraged to apply.
What does a Board Member have to do?
Board Member responsibilities include:
- attending annual briefings on Create NSW’s funding program and assessment process and participating in reading and scoring applications as required
- being available to fully participate in assessment of applications including attending all assessment meetings to determine the ranking of recommendations to the Minister
- declaring any conflicts of interest in the assessment process and adhering to confidentiality agreements and a probity check.
Will Board members be paid?
Any Board member participation will be in line with the NSW Government Boards and Committees Classification and Remuneration Framework. Details are currently being confirmed.
How long will Board members serve?
Members will serve for an initial term of up to two years, to ensure consistency across decision making.
How do I apply?
To apply, please complete an Expression of Interest (EOIs) using the online form by 5pm on Friday 19 July 2019.
EOIs must include documentation to evidence skills, experience and suitability, as well as a resume, cover letter, signed declaration of intent, signed declaration of interests and agreement to the role requirements, including availability for Board meetings.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 8289 6520 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.