This program supports NSW artists, practitioners, and arts/cultural workers to undertake self-directed professional development programs or significant opportunities to support their personal creative and career advancement.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the Grants for Individuals Guidelines (short version) or the full version of the Arts and Cultural Development Program Guidelines for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements, assessment criteria and support material for this funding category.
Fellowships you can apply for:
Applications for the following Artform Fellowship open Wednesday 1 August 2018 and close Wednesday 12 September 2018.
- NSW Visual Arts Mid-career/Established Fellowship in partnership with the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia.
Who can apply?
In addition to the general requirements for this funding category:
- fellowships are open to all professional NSW artists, practitioners, arts/culture workers or creative partnerships/groups at any stage of their career and working in any artform unless otherwise stated
- for fellowships targeting specific career stages, you will be asked to explain how you self-define as emerging, mid-career or established
Please note: receiving a fellowship is a one-off opportunity, you may not receive a fellowship in the same category twice.
Please note: there are no special eligibility requirements for the NSW Music and NSW Performing Arts Fellowships offered through the ACDP.
What you can apply for
- You can apply for $30,000 for an Artform Fellowship
- You can apply for up to $30,000 for a Creative Development Fellowship
- You can apply for up to $10,000 for a Young Creative Leaders Fellowship.
Please do not request more than these amounts in your application.
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system, SmartyGrants.
Applications for the NSW Visual Arts Emerging Fellowship, in partnership with Artspace Sydney are now CLOSED.
Applications for the following Artform Fellowships opened Friday 6 July 2018 and closed Monday 20 August 2018. These are now CLOSED.
- NSW History Fellowship
- NSW Performing Arts Emerging Fellowship (Dance, Theatre and Performance)
- NSW Performing Arts Mid-career/Established Fellowship (Dance, Theatre and Performance)
- NSW Music Fellowship
- NSW Writer’s Fellowship, offered in partnership with Varuna, The Writers’ House
Creative Development Fellowships
Applications for following Creative Development Fellowships open Friday 6 July 2018 and close Monday 20 August 2018.
- Creative Development
- Young Creative Leaders
Funding is available for projects starting after 1 January 2019. Projects must start within six months of receiving the Fellowship and completed within two years.