Creative Koori – Arts and Cultural Projects
This program supports arts projects that celebrate and promote Aboriginal cultural identities and make the rich and diverse Aboriginal cultures of NSW more visible and accessible.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the Creative Koori Guidelines (short version) or the full version of the Arts and Cultural Development Program Guidelines for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements, assessment criteria and support material for this funding category.
Closing dates and timeframe
- Applications open: Tuesday 4 September 2018
- Applications close: Monday 5 November 2018
Projects must start after 1 January 2019 and be completed by 31 July 2020.
Who can apply?
- an individual professional artist or arts/cultural worker, partnership or group; or
- a NSW organisation working with the Aboriginal arts and cultural sector, such as an Aboriginal Land Council.
In addition to the general requirements for this funding category, you must:
- be a NSW resident
- include Aboriginal practitioners and/or arts/cultural workers in key creative roles, and incorporate Aboriginal cultures as the focus of the project.
What you can apply for
- You can apply for up to $60,000 for projects delivered within 12 months.
- You can apply for up to $75,000 for projects delivered over more than 12 months.
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system, SmartyGrants.