Cultural infrastructure is an integral part of individual and community life.
Cultural infrastructure – theatres, galleries, museums, libraries, archives, community halls, cinemas, public art and outdoor events spaces – provide the critical spaces where we come together to create, share and enjoy arts and culture. Cultural infrastructure and cultural precincts are a key part of creating great places that bring the community together where people want to live, work, and visit.
Create Infrastructure has developed a Cultural Infrastructure Plan 2025+ to ensure that all of NSW benefits from cultural infrastructure. The Plan articulates the strategic priorities for NSW to be a place where:
- Culture is recognised as an integral part of communities and a key element of creating great places for people to live, work, visit, play and do business. Cultural infrastructure planning is integrated with state and local planning processes.
- Everyone can access the infrastructure they need to make culture part of their everyday lives.
- There is an increased availability of affordable, fit-for-purpose and sustainable space to support growth of the cultural sector and creative industries.
- Cultural infrastructure delivery and funding is supported by partnerships across NSW Government, local councils, cultural organisations, philanthropists and business.
- Greater Sydney’s three cities become a leading cultural capital in the Asia-Pacific and continue to grow the visitor economy, employment and growth.
- Creativity and access to culture thrives across NSW through a strategic and coordinated approach to cultural infrastructure planning.
Download the full Cultural Infrastructure Plan 2025+ (26MB)
Download the full accessible Cultural Infrastructure Plan 2025+ (12MB)
Download short version without appendices. Pages 1-79 (11MB)
Download appendices (15 MB)
For more details about the Plan email email@example.com