COVID-19 has significantly impacted the arts, screen and culture sectors in NSW. To minimise the effects of the pandemic, the NSW Government is providing funding and support to practitioners and organisations across the State.
On this page, you will find links to resources on news updates, grants, and financial assistance from the NSW Government and the Australian Government, and a link to our webpage on how to operate safely during COVID-19. You will also find links to other helpful websites and material from a range of other sites, including those concerning mental health and crisis management.
Jump to a section
- Latest news
- NSW Government COVID-19 support for arts, screen and culture
- NSW Government COVID-19 economic support for the State
- Federal Government COVID-19 support for arts, screen and culture in Australia
- COVID-19 safety rules and guidance for arts, screen and culture in NSW
- Helpful resources
- Get the latest information on the NSW Government’s response to COVID-19.
- Sign up to Create NSW’s eNews to stay informed of the latest in COVID-19 support.
- Read Create NSW’s latest news.
To support NSW’s arts, screen and cultural sectors during COVID-19, the NSW Government is providing targeted funding programs, including:
- Targeted support for individuals and groups of up to $5,000, and up to $10,000 for organisations in the small-to-medium sector, in NSW who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic through the COVID Development Grants.
- $75 million NSW Performing Arts COVID Support Package
- $50 million Rescue and Restart package for NSW arts and cultural organisations.
- $1 million in digital adaptation grants of up to $5,000 for Creative Kids Providers.
- New funding initiatives using existing and repurposed funding totalling $6.34 million to support independent artists and small to medium arts, screen and cultural organisations.
- Screen NSW’s Slate Development funding up to $100,000 for eligible NSW production companies.
- See Create NSW’s Arts and Cultural Funding Program and Screen NSW’s funding, incentives and advice for information on all the latest opportunities for support.
NSW Government has a range of general response measures to help businesses, organisations and individuals.
The Australian Government announced a $250 million package on 25 June 2020 to support artists and organisations to get back in business following the disruptions caused by COVID-19. Learn more about the Federal Government’s COVID-19 support for arts, screen and culture in Australia.
Guidance on NSW Public Health Orders affecting the arts, screen and culture sectors in NSW and how to safely reopen and operate during COVID-19.
General advice and support
- Create Connects webinars that provide artists and arts and cultural organisations information on changes to public health orders.
- Media, Arts & Entertainment Alliance’s (MEAA) article on COVID-19 and your rights at work.
- FAQs for artists affected by COVID-19 from Arts Law Centre of Australia.
- A database of informal aid groups for artists state by state collated by Australian Mutual Aid Database.
- Boost: fundraising program for independent artists and arts organisations through the Australian Cultural Fund from Creative Partnerships Australia.
- A Facebook group for Australian Arts Amidst COVID-19.
Mental health resources
- An article on how to cope with COVID-19 from online arts magazine ArtsHub.
- Support Act is a charity delivering crisis relief services to artists, crew and music workers that impacts their ability to work including mental health resources through their wellbeing helpline.
- Free mental health webinars for Australian entertainment industry workers from Entertainment Assist.
- An example of how Circa managed the crisis from online arts magazine ArtsHub. (This content is only available to members of ArtsHub)
- Tips for small business to prepare for COVID-19 from CPA Australia.
Do you require additional help or have any questions about this page?