NSW Regional Arts Fellowships
The NSW Regional Arts Fellowship is offered by the State Government to enable an artist or arts/cultural worker from regional NSW to undertake a self-directed program of professional development.
The Fellowship is open to professional artists, practitioners, creative partnerships or groups, and arts and cultural workers at any stage in their career from all art forms, including dance, design, digital arts, history, Aboriginal arts, literature, music, theatre, screen, community arts, curatorial and the visual arts.
In 2017, three Regional Arts Fellowships will be awarded.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the Arts and Cultural Development Program Guidelines (ACDP) for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
Applications open: 12 June 2017
Applications close: 7 August 2017 (Midnight, AEST – Sydney time)
Who can apply?
- professional artists, practitioners, creative partnerships/groups, or arts and cultural workers who are;
- living and working in regional NSW.
- Fellowship recipients will be awarded $50,000. Please do not request more or less than this amount in your application.
Types of activities funded:
Activities could include:
- travel (international and/or national)
- mentorships or internships with recognised practitioners or organisations
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training (Note: The Fellowship is not available to support study which will result in formal tertiary qualification such as a degree)
- creation of new work
- any combination of the above.
Applicants are required to read the Arts and Cultural Development Program Guidelines before applying.
To apply for funding through this Fellowship program you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Create NSW online application system available from 12 June.