NSW Performing Arts Fellowship – Emerging
The NSW Performing Arts Fellowship (Emerging) is offered by the State Government to enable an emerging professional musician, dancer, theatre or performance practitioner to undertake a self-directed program of professional development.
A program of professional development should enable development of skills, knowledge, networks and/or new work, whether through facilitated formal or informal learning opportunities.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the Arts and Cultural Development Program Guidelines (ACDP) for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
Applications open: 12 June 2017
Applications close: 7 August 2017 (Midnight, AEST – Sydney time)
Who can apply?
- Professional artists, practitioners, creative partnerships/groups or arts and cultural workers who consider themselves to be in the early stages of their career;
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident; and
- a NSW resident.
The Performing Arts Emerging Fellowship is valued at $30,000.
Types of activities funded:
- travel (international and/or national)
- mentorships or internships with recognised historians or historical organisations
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training (Note: The Fellowship is not available to support study which will result in formal tertiary qualification such as a degree)
- skills development
- creation of new work
- any combination of the above.
Applicants are required to read the Arts and Cultural Development Program Guidelines before applying.
To apply for funding through this Fellowship program you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Create NSW online application system available from 12 June.